- Requirements for renting a vehicle
- Additional Drivers
- Guarantee Deposit Policy
- Extra Hours
- Return of Vehicle and Extension of Rent
- Cancellation and Reimbursement Policy
- Insurance Policies
- Insurance Included
- Reservations for Special Schedule
Requirements for renting a vehicle
The Minimum age is 21 years old. There is no maximum age limit.
Present an original and current driver's license with photograph.
(Rental Cars in USA reserves the right to verify and accept driver's licenses according to the rules established by Rental Cars in USA and deny the rental. The Client shall present the ID free of erasures, amendments or illegibility)
For rent payment, Rental Cars in USA accepts all credit and debit cards (except Dinner Club) and traveler's checks. Rental Cars in USA accepts the following credit cards for rental payment or deposit: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discovery. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEPARTMENTAL CREDIT CARDS.
Rental Cars in USA, reserves the right to decline the reservation, and therefore, the rent of the vehicle if the renter does not satisfactorily cover the requirements to carry out the commercial operation.
Reservations without a prepayment are subject to availability upon arrival.
Rental Cars in USA allows the tenant to designate an additional driver. The additional drivers must comply with the same requirements stipulated in the contract and will be subject to the same obligations when driving the rented vehicle and is also jointly and severally liable. If you require an additional driver, you must cover a cost of $5 USD (taxes included) per day.
Guarantee Deposit Policy
Rental Cars in USA for security, does not accept deposits in cash, in any currency, only credit cards in which a bank authorization will be requested, of the credit card presented, in support of the rental agreement. The amount will depend on the vehicle category.
|Clase A (ECMR, ECAR, CCMR, CCAR, ICAR, ICMR, SCMR, SCAR)||$267 USD|
|Clase B (FCMR, FCAR, CFAR, MVMR, IFAR)||$400 USD|
|Clase C (FFAR, MVAR, FVAR, OVMR, FVMR, FVAR, OVAR, OVMR)||$600 USD|
|Clase premium (PVAR)||$1600 USD|
*The amounts described above are informative and may vary upon arrival at the counter.
Gasoline is NOT included in the total price. With the same level of gasoline that is received the rented vehicle must be delivered to the return, according to what will be stipulated in the rental contract. There are no refunds for gasoline surpluses. If there is a shortage of gasoline, it will be charged as follows: $18 USD per octave of tank missing.
When returning the vehicle, the customer has a tolerance period of 30 minutes, starting from the time recorded in the rental contract. After the stipulated time, for each additional hour, it will have a cost depending on the rented vehicle up to a maximum of 3 hours, after 3 hours delay, the full day will be charged according to the daily rate stipulated in the contract.
Return of Vehicle and Extension of Rent
The place and date of return of the vehicle will be agreed upon and stipulated by both parties in the lease agreement.
In the event that the renter changes the time of his return to the one stipulated in his contract, he must notify Rental Cars in USA 24 hours in advance for its rescheduling, otherwise Rental Cars in USA will not be responsible for the costs or damages that the renter may suffer.
We offer the option of extending your rental contract, it is the client's inescapable obligation to request the extension of the rental period before the end of its initial period, if after three days, there is no communication from the client, Rental Cars in USA, reserves the right to report to the relevant authorities, the non-return of the vehicle according to the rental contract, excluding Rental Cars in USA from any liability for any additional cost that may be generated. Rental Cars in USA will respect the reserved rate during the initial rental period, in the case of extension will be according to the rate in force at the time of requesting or delivering the vehicle as the case may be based on our portal.
Note:In case of returning the vehicle in another place that is not the offices of Rental Cars in USA, it will have an extra cost, this will depend on the place where the vehicle will be delivered.
Cancellation and Reimbursement Policy
Reservations can be cancelled by the supplier in the following situations:
- The client does not present the previously requested documentation.
- The customer presents non-readable, non-current or invalid documentation at the counter.
- Customer does not present a credit card with a sufficient balance.
Any request for cancellation by the client must be submitted in writing by email to our Customer Service Department, mentioning your reservation number.
- In case of cancellation a penalty of 20% of the amount will be applied as cancellation fee.
- If you prepaid 20% of your reservation as a "guarantee my reservation" there will be no refund.
- Our clients can request extensions on their current rentals, taking into account that no current promotion applies (discounts, free days, gifts)
-The extensions will be quoted on the current rate and may vary from the ones previously contracted.
- Extensions can be paid directly at the counter when the car is returned to the branch.
- If you wish to return the vehicle before the contracted period, it is important to notify the customer service department 24 hours in advance
- Refunds of prepaid days will be made only at the Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and San Jose del Cabo locations
- Authorized returns will have a 20% penalty on the value of each day paid (free days will be taken into account to calculate the amount to be refunded)
- No refunds will be given at the counter on promotions applied to rentals.
In the event of an accident, the driver must immediately inform Rental Cars in USA in order to follow up with the insurance company, which requires that the driver in case of an accident must be authorized in the rental contract and must present a valid driver's license with photograph. Also, stay at the scene of the accident to fill out the report required by the insurance company.
- PLI (Damages to Third Parties)
- CDW (Collision Damage Insurance)
- SLI (Third-Partie Liability Supplement)
- TP (Partial Theft Protection)
- PAI (Personal Medical Coverage)
- SUPPLEMENTARY COVERAGES (NOT INCLUDED)
Reservations for Special Schedule
If your reservation pickup is at the following times, it must be prepaid with a minimum of 20% of the total rental value:
- Airport: 23:00 hrs - 08:00 hrs
- Downtown: 21:00 hrs - 08:30 hrs
- Hotel Zone 21:00 hrs - 08:30 hrs
For questions, guidance or clarifications on how to make the payment contact us.